Do you possess a single-family rental property? If yes, you may be asking if you should engage with a Milford property management company to help you manage it. But what does a professional property management company even do – and is it worth the cost? This blog post will look at how professional property management fill these roles and what a property manager can do for rental property owners. By the end, you’ll better comprehend whether property management is a good choice for you.
What is Property Management?
Professional property management is overseeing and managing a rental property on behalf of the owner. On the whole, this may entail marketing the property, screening and approving tenants, collecting rent, handling maintenance and repair requests, and other duties. In specific instances, property managers may also be in charge of evictions.
Property management companies usually charge a percentage of the monthly rent as their fee. For example, if your property rents for $1000 per month and the management company charges a 15% fee, you would pay them $150 per month. Some companies also charge additional fees for services like lease renewals or marketing.
What Does a Property Manager Do?
The job of a property manager can be a busy one. Property managers are responsible for various tasks. Some of the most common duties of a property manager include:
– Marketing the property: Property managers are responsible for finding tenants for your rental property. This includes listing the property on rental websites, showing the property to potential tenants, and screening applications.
– Screening and approving tenants: After you have a group of potential tenants, it’s up to the property manager to screen them and pick the best candidate. This entails typically running a background check and verifying their income and employment history.
– Collecting rent: Property managers are accountable for collecting rent from tenants each month. They may also manage late payments, returned checks, and evictions (in some cases).
– Handling maintenance requests: When tenants have a maintenance or repair problem, they will send it to the Milford property manager. The property manager is then accountable for coordinating with contractors, scheduling repairs, and guaranteeing that the project is done on the target date.
Reliable property management companies can also help you optimize your investment properties and grow your portfolio. They offer expert market analyses, significant insights into the local rental market, and data-driven recommendations (such as when to raise the rent, which upgrades to make, and so on).
Benefits of Hiring a Property Management Company
There are multiple benefits of hiring a professional property management company. Maybe the most evident advantage is that it frees up your time. If you’re managing your rental property alone, that’s a lot of time spent on tasks like marketing the property, handling maintenance requests, and so forth. Property managers can perform all daily chores involved in owning and managing a rental property. This can save you time and money while permitting you to focus on other important things in your life.
Other important benefits of hiring a property management company include:
– Reduced vacancy rates: An experienced property manager will understand how to market your rental property and screen tenants successfully. This can help you fill vacancies rapidly and reduce the time your property is unoccupied.
– Increased rent collection: A property management company can help you collect rent on time. They may also assist you in raising your rent prices (in some cases).
– Lower repair and maintenance costs: A property manager has a network of trustworthy contractors with whom they regularly work. This can help you gain discounts on repairs and maintenance and guarantee that the job is completed before the deadline.
– Fewer legal problems: A property manager can help you avoid potential legal issues by complying with all necessary laws and regulations. They will also know how to deal with difficult situations, such as evictions, professionally and legally.
If you’re looking to recruit a property management company, be sure to conduct your research and select a reputable company that delivers the range of excellent services you need and want. Real Property Management Absolute has over 30 years of experience in single-family rental property management. Contact us online today to find out more about how we can help you professionally manage your properties and expand your investment portfolio.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.